We are committed to maintaining your privacy. We are registered as a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”).
We reserve the right to amend these Terms from time to time. The Terms were most recently updated on 1 August 2016.
What We Collect
- Information you give to us: Your name, date of birth, telephone number, home address, delivery address, email address and credit card and other payment details when you purchase items from the Sites. We will also ask for this information when you register an In The Style account. We will generate an order number which will be linked to your details when you place an order on the Site.
- Information about you when you fill in forms on the site or when you correspond with us on the Social Media for example when you register to subscribe to our newsletters and emails, when you enter into our prize draws, competitions and other promotions, when you complete forms to receive particular offers or when you participate in our Social Media activities or surveys. In such circumstances you may provide additional information about you such as your photograph and other images and identifying information, your interests and hobbies, details of your Social Media accounts, posts and preferences;
- Information about you when you submit reviews, profiles, images, videos, instructions, comments, feedback, ideas, suggestions or other information or materials via the Sites or the Social Media, whether relating to our site, products, promotions or other matters upon which you wish to comment.
- You must ensure in all instances that the information you provide is personal to you and no one else (for example you must only provide an email address that only accessible by you and not any other person. You should not use another person’s email address or a generic email address). You must also ensure that the information you provide is accurate and up to date. By providing information about you to us you warrant that the information you provide is personal to you and is accurate and up to date, and that you will keep us informed of any changes.
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
- How many times you have been on the Site and information about your Order including the Items you have purchased and details you inputted when placing your order including your name, email address delivery address and telephone number (this will be linked to the email address you use when you place an Order on your In The Style Account)
- Further information on the technology we use to collect some of this information is available on our Cookies Policy.
- We work closely with third parties (including, for example, carriers who deliver Items to you, card protection and payment processing companies that process your payments for Items, business partners (including without limitation third parties that provide promotions and prizes on the Sites and/or Social Media and third parties that we consider you may be interested in based on your preferences and use of our Sites), sub-contractors of warehouse management, customer service and in technical, advertising market research and promotions management functions, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us for example to process and fulfil your Order, to enter you into a prize draw, competition or other promotion (where requested) or to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. This may require disclosure to third parties for example card processing agencies, banks, shipping providers and carriers, fraud protection agencies and suppliers of gifts and prizes for our competitions, prize draws and other promotions;
- To tailor or service to you and ensure that we can process your Order in the most efficient manner for you, and to overall improve your experience on the Sites;
- To involve you in our promotions (at your request). We may want to use the information that you provide in this context for additional purposes.
- To interact with you using the Social Media. Features such as the “like”, “retweet”, “repost” and “share” on the Social Media may allow us to enable integration and/or access to your accounts on the Social Media. Please note we do not control Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Youtube (“Social Media Sites”), your profile/account on the Social Media Sites, we do not modify your account or your privacy settings on the Social Media Sites and we do not establish rules about how your personal information will be used when you use the Social Media Sites. You and the relevant provider of the Social Media Sites will be in control of those issues and not us. You are encouraged to read all policies and information on the applicable Social Media Sites to learn more about how they handle your information before using the Social Media Sites and any features on the Social Media Sites;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and to notify you of our offers and promotions, by telephone, email, SMS and post. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list by following the link in the emails.
- To allow our carefully selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services that may interest you.;
- To notify you about changes to the Sites, your Order, our terms and conditions and our service;
- To ensure that content on the Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To administer the site and the Social Media and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To process, fulfil and keep a record of Orders placed;
- To tailor our service to you and to ensure that we can process your Order in the most efficient manner for you, and to overall improve your experience on the Sites;
- To promote and advertise In The Style and its goods and services, and its promotional activity (see below for further details);
- To improve the Sites and Social Media to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.