Since launching in 2013, In The Style has redefined fast fashion.
A creative hub in the heart of Manchester, In The Style encompasses youth, diversity and passion.
Fun, fast paced and free spirited, In The Style is not for the faint of heart!
If you’re ready to work hard and play harder, get in touch.
Full-time Positions - Manchester Based
Quality ControllerAn exciting opportunity has arisen in the heart of our operations team to support our quality control department. As our QC you will be tasked with checking that products we receive from suppliers meet our exacting standards both in terms of quality and fit.
You will report to the goods in manager and will be working in a team of 5-10 people. You will be tasked with your team to check 10% of all stock coming in to the business to make sure it is legally compliant in terms of packaging, labelling and material composition as well as making sure that it has been made to specification from our design team. You will be responsible for approving or escalating the rejection of stock and making sure that all garments meet the In The Style approval process. This is a role initially on a temporary contract until January with a view to making permanent for those who excel.
- Computer literate including ability to use excel
- Good communicator in spoken and written English
- Self sufficient and focussed
- Works well to time pressure
- Great team player
- Able to understand basic measurements using a tape measure
- Strong eye for detail
Duties Will Include
- Visually checking stock
- Stress testing garments
- Basic measurements
- Checking labels and packaging
- Using internal systems to log and record findings
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Within this role you will be responsible for delivering high availability of all listed items within your category. You will be working very close with the senior merchandiser, senior buyers and assistants.
- Take full responsibility for the stock availability
- A vital part will be to build positive relationships with suppliers
- Review & monitor sales patterns by item / range/category on a daily basis
- Responsible or repeats approvals, stock levels in category and product mix.
- Highlight any urgent actions for the team, direct them in what action needs to be taken, follow through and challenge as required.
- Manage the ranges of your categories
- Range planning, range building and forecast.
- Managing discounts, sales or promotions in your category that will be suggested to the senior merchandiser.
- Tracking the status of all new lines and providing weekly
- Producing & distributing trade, sales analysis and operational reports on a weekly basis
- Range analysis - review current ranges to decide what's working and what's not.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and key accounts.
- Category analysis, identify where the gaps are by working closely with the Buying team.
- Analysing sales and reacting to trends
- Analytical mind understanding sales, forecasts and performance.
- Excellent organizational, time management, numeric and analytical skills
- Keen eye for detail and the ability to learn quickly.
- Confident with the ability to work with speed, efficiency, flexibility and general professionalism.
- Computer literate with excellent Excel skills.
- Good communication skills are essential
- Previous experience in fashion required
- Studies in fashion, merchandising and buying or business required.
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
The job role of the Merchandising Assistant is about planning and developing a strategy to enable In The Style to deliver the sales based on the styles bought, product mix and stock levels.
You will be working very close with the Senior Merchandisers and Buyers to ensure that the product bought will achieve the sales plan.
- Provide the Merchandiser with the previous season analysis at category and product level
- Input into creation of the sales strategy with the Senior Merchandiser
- Assist in formulation of range plan with the Senior Merchandiser
- Create ratios for all buys
- Prepare weekly review of product in preparation for Monday trading meeting
- Identify repeat orders for the week, review and propose actions.
- New in - Analysis of performance and repeats
- Over / Under Performing categories and products
- Participate in product selection for daily promotions
- Ensure stock is seasonally correct
- Plan and action orders for new ranges monitored by the Senior Merchandiser
- Carry out any ad-hoc analysis as required
- Consolidate the supplier order books
- Cost, retail and margin checks
- Sending Purchase order
- Reporting to the Senior Merchandiser
- Working with the Merchandise Team
- Working with the Buyer
- Develop relationships as appropriate with Supplier, Product Developers, Buyers etc.
- Experience within a similar role is essential
- Experience within a fast fashion retailer is advantageous
- Good excel skills
- Analytical skills
To apply please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
SEO CONTENT MARKETING EXECUTIVE
As the Content Executive, you will be responsible for creating engaging and relevant content across the website, emails and blog. You will be tasked with optimising on site content through SEO techniques and increasing the keyword ranking of the brand.
- Strong written communication skills
- Knowledge of SEO practices and web traffic metrics
- Basic knowledge of HTML and web publishing
- Experience of writing engaging copy
- Great attention to detail
- Creative and self-motivated
- Ownership for the planning, creation and execution of content for website platforms, paid social copy, emails and blog posts
- Generate, edit, publish and share regular content using original text
- Research relevant topics and trends to be reflected in content
- Optimise copy on site according to SEO techniques
- Work to KPIs including increasing keyword rankings, generating relevant contant & increasing traffic to the blog
- Ensure content is compliant with law (e.g. ASA, copyright and data protection)
Rebecca - Product Development Manager
At In The Style, the pace is as fast as it gets! From development to sales analysis, I love to see the product journey from start to finish. Every day is different, full of surprises and challenges, however teamwork is key and everyone gets involved which makes it a great environment to work in.
Paige - Creative Executive
I began my career with In The Style as an intern whilst studying Fashion Promotion at university. I am now a confident executive and I love working on all areas of the creative process knowing that every decision has an impact on the aesthetic of the business. Every day is different which is what makes it so fun!
Harriet - Assistant Buyer
After finishing University I started at In The Style in Customer Services. Within a year I worked my way up to an Assistant Buyer role, and am now part of an amazing team doing something I love. It's been amazing to see how much the brand has grown since I started and I can't wait to see where it goes next!