Young workers (those between the minimum working age and 18) can be employed, although there are precautions that need to be in place to ensure that they are afforded adequate protection:
- Cannot be employed at night
- Cannot work overtime
- Cannot carry out any form of potentially hazardous or physically demanding work.
- Provided any health checks as required by law
- Young workers are registered with any local labour departments as required.
- Employment contracts to be counter signed my parents.
InTheStyle is supportive of any programmes in place to help develop the skills of young workers, but any young workers on such a programme must receive at least minimum wage.
In addition to the stipulations in the InTheStyle code of conduct, the below has been laid out to provide guidance on the minimum requirements to ensure that this is managed effectively, all suppliers are expected to fully implement as follows:
- There must be an effective procedure in place to verify the ages of all workers prior to employment. Evidence to verify every workers date of birth must be kept on file. If records are not available to verify the date of birth than a suitable and reliable method must be used and relevant documentation maintained.
- Ensure that this policy is communicated to and agreed by all labour providers.
- Ensure that all employment vacancy advertisements and postings clearly define the minimum age requirements
- Post minimum working age policy on the factory/site exterior.
- Where young workers are employed, all local requirements must be followed and specific risk assessments must be carried out to identify any specific hazards.
For complete clarity on InTheStyle’s the position on child labour, and avoid any confusion: No children are to be allowed in production areas under any circumstances.
Our collections are designed for everyone, regardless of shape or size, inclusivity is at the core of everything we do. Whether she’s looking for the latest trends or her go-to-fashion staples, there’s something for every kind of woman. We keep prices affordable, products reactive to demand, user experience seamless and we pride ourselves on quality of service.